Happy Hour: Danish Modern


A couple of years ago, I was fortunate enough to go on a work trip to Copenhagen. I knew it was going to be absolutely amazing so my friend Julia and I decided to extend our trip and go to Sweden for Thanksgiving. And we were right. It was amaaaazing! (We're smart like that.)

Anyway, it got me to thinking about how the holidays are spent there and all of the new food and drinks we tried. One thing that sticks out is lingonberrys, which are the Swedish cousin of cranberries. They tend to serve them with a lot of meals in all sorts of forms - in juices, desserts, on the side, etc. I guess they are very abundant. Well, today I came across this very cool cocktail on Food2.com and knew I had to share it with you because it very much reminds me of my little trip. Not only is the name cool, but it looks quite delicious!

Danish Modern
Ingredients
1 1/2 ounces vanilla vodka
1 ounce lingonberry concentrate, (recommended: Hafi)
1 to 2 dashes bitters
Juice 1/2 orange
Juice 1/2 grapefruit
1/4 wheel fresh grapefruit or orange, or a twist of each

Serving suggestion: Cocktail glass
Directions: Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add the vodka, lingonberry concentrate, and bitters. Cover and shake vigorously until thoroughly mixed and chilled, about 30 seconds. (In general, the drink is ready by the time the shaker mists up.) Strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Top with the orange and grapefruit juices. Garnish cocktail with citrus. Drink.
Cook's Note: Look for lingonberry concentrate at specialty stores, or stores that feature Scandinavian products.

For New Yorkers, also be sure to visit Scandinavia House.

Recipe and image via Food2.com

2 comments:

Jenny Morris :

oh man your blog has a happy hour! my favorite thing!!! im doing a happy hour post this week on mine :)

FASHIONMADEMEFUNKY
www.fashionmademefunky.blogspot.com

Lisa Michelle Cifuentes :

We love to entertain so it's a good way for us to always try new cocktails!

We are new fans of your blog so we can't wait to see your post! xo.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

DREAMING OF PALM TREES All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger