Pile O' Books

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
(Photos via Emmas Design Blog and The Selby)

I was thinking of creative ways to display my books since my current bookshelf has completely maxed out space. I saw these design inspiration photos with books and magazines on the floor and thought it was such a cool and unique idea, if done right. I currently have this on my window sill, but it does not look very organized (FYI: don't adorn this look with junk mail and bills!) The key is to use varying sizes and display them like a pyramid or have them all lined up perfectly, with the title facing outwards.

What do you think of this design look? Have any of your own book decorating suggestions? xo.

11 comments:

jillian :: cornflake dreams. :

i like the idea of stacked books a lot but i am a bit of a neat freak so i think id rather have something like this:: http://www.cb2.com/family.aspx?c=118&f=702

similar effect yet a little more structured. xoxo jcd

Maia McDonald :

I always love the look of stacked books when I see it, but I just worry it would be a huge dust collector.

AbbieBabble :

I use a stack of magazines as a nightstand. At first, the pile just kind of built up on its own (I'm definitely a glossy junkie), but now I love it. Hooray for piles!

Magdalena Viktoria :

I definitely like this. Especially on hardwood floors. :)

Karina Cifuentes :

Jillian, I love that bookcase!So cool. And yes, it would definitely help them stay in place! xo

jaclyn @ thelateafternoon :

the stacked book look is one of my favorites - and these photos capture it perfectly. if you have enough books, a whole wall shelf mixed with little trinkets may also be another idea!

http://www.thelateafternoon.com

Wendy :

Lol at the junk mail and bills, very guilty of that. I collect old books, needless to say, I'm running out of shelf space. These ideas are charming.

photohogger :

I love piles of books; but the trick is not to let it get out of hand...these look great!

Anonymous :

These sure are some inspiring piles! I never really thought of piles as being so aesthetically pleasing, but I'm sold :)

And So I Whisper :

Love this photos. Sometimes I have moved and used books as bed side tables before I receive my furniture.

rachelinaustin :

I have the same issue, lots of books and no where to go! Can't wait to see what you decide!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

DREAMING OF PALM TREES All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger