Recipe: Cheesesteak Sliders + Homemade French Fries


I ♥ sliders. Something about there mini size makes the burgers seem less overwhelming. And they're great for any summertime gathering. This Rachael Ray recipe is my go-to slider recipe. Super easy + the little burgers always fly. And for the side of fries, I use the recipe below which I've adapted over time. I like to sprinkle fresh rosemary on my fries, but you can use any herb you like. Enjoy! xo

Homemade French Fries with Fresh Garlic and Rosemary

Ingredients
5 medium sized potatoes (Russets are good)
Olive Oil
1 tbsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped (optional)
1 clove of fresh garlic, finely chopped (optional)
Sea Salt + Pepper to taste

Directions
  • Preheat oven to 425.
  • Wash, then slice potatoes. (I like to cut very thin, almost like shoestring fries.) Be sure to leave the skins on so they come out a bit crispy.
  • Put in a large bowl and cover with boiling water. Let soak for about 8-10 minutes then drain and blot with paper towels. Put dried fries back in the bowl (wipe the bowl with a paper towel first to dry it out). Drizzle a couple tablespoons of olive oil on the fries, add sea salt, pepper + fresh rosemary. Toss fries with your hands to coat with oil + spices.
  • Put fries on a cookie sheet without having any overlap or touch. Bake in oven for about 15 minutes, then turn over and bake 10-15 minutes longer until golden.
  • Once golden, sprinkle in fresh garlic (optional).

(Photo by Esther Vasquez)

2 comments:

Oh, My Darling :

Mmm, this sounds like a delicious recipe! I love rosemary anything.

Claudia Cifuentes :

Me too! I love the smell!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

DREAMING OF PALM TREES All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger