Happy Hour: Micheladas


Ever since I was a kid I have loved limes. (I would sneak into the fridge + have them as after-school snacks - I know, gross.) So it's no surprise that when I first tried the lime-tasting Mexican beer, Michelada, it was love at first sip. So for today's happy hour I would love to share the recipe with you. (Brooklyn peeps, you can enjoy these tasty beers at the amazing Mesa Coyoacan.)

This Michelada recipe is courtesy of my lovely and talented mixologist friend, Marines. Spicy, (limey) + delicious. Enjoy! xo

Ingredients
12 oz beer (I like it with Pacifico)
1 oz fresh lime juice
2 dashes Worcestershire sauce
2 dashes Mexican hot sauce (e.g., Valentina Sauce)
Chili powder + salt, combined, for the glass rim (optional)

Combine the chili powder + salt in a small bowl and transfer to a flat plate. Rub a lime wedge around the rim of the glass, and dip it into the chili-salt to rim the glass. Add ice (not too much) then pour cold beer, fresh lime juice, Worcestershire and hot sauce + stir.

(Photo via Tres.Jolie)

1 comments:

Lisa Michelle Cifuentes :

This sounds great! I heard sometimes people put soy sauce in it? Sounds weird to me, think I'll stick to this recipe.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

DREAMING OF PALM TREES All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger