Mid-Week Treat: Banana Bread



Lately, we've been trying to do more grocery shopping than usual in order to cook at home more, be healthy, and save a little money. However, we find that when we do this, things always come up. Dinner invitations, goodbye parties, birthday parties, etc. So that leaves us with a fridge full of food that unfortunately, spoils. And the quickest to go bad? Our fruit! So now with a bunch of over ripened bananas, I decided to do a little baking. My friend Kim had given me a very easy and awesome recipe about a year ago, so I did a little digging and found it. I also wanted to add something a little extra, so of course I headed over to Smitten Kitchen. And I found the perfect thing. You can try the jacked-up version on that site, or use Kim's below, which works out great if you're low on ingredients.

Ingredients
3 ripe bananas
3/4 cup honey
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 cup wheat flour
1/4 cup melted butter

Instructions: Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to an hour. Check to make sure your toothpick comes out clean.

Enjoy! ♥

(Photo via Smitten Kitchen)

2 comments:

Anonymous :

yum!! this banana bread looks DELICIOUS and simple to make!! :) We recently made some with honey for sweetener and substituted wheat flour with quinoa flour.

Lisa Michelle Cifuentes :

It is so simple, I love it. And I've never used quinoa flour! Interesting idea, I'll have to go find it around here. Thanks for the tip, Lydia! xo.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

DREAMING OF PALM TREES All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger