Today We Have a New Moon




Today marks the beginning of a new moon. I realize this happens once a month, so maybe I shouldn't be as impressed, but this time, there seems to be a flurry of excitement going around me that I can't help but attribute to new beginnings. Do you ever feel that way, like something good is on the verge of happening?

As I don't know too much about the moon or its phases, I did a little research online and according to what I found, this period is a time of "renewal of energy, freshness, reconstruction, development and the conception of hope. You are advised to advocate changes in this stage of your life, and should also consider putting an end to unsavory habits and stale relationships."

That sounds nice, doesn't it? Not bad for a Monday.

Then to top it off, I present to you artwork by the fabulously talented Beth Hoeckel via Beautiful/Decay. Quite fitting that I stumbled upon her handmade collages today. Isn't it dreamy?

How about you guys? Do you ever pay attention to the way our moon changes and how it affects you or is that too hippie? Sometimes I think it's all just pretty fun.

You can read more about it here. Happy Monday!

6 comments:

Morlee :

Those collages are lovely! I haven't noticed how moon changes effect my life. But I have noticed other planets. Certain times of year have different effects on the things that happen in my life.

Ana Degenaar :

Those photos are sick cool.

HOGGER + Co. :

That's so interesting; and fitting for Chinese New Year, too.
Love love love these images!

La Mode Operandi :

I definitely think there is truth to what you are saying. this moon phase sounds like such a wonderful catalyst for self-improvement! Thank you for this inspiring post!

persis :

i'm so obsessed with these collages!

yo-j :

nice! love the collages. still on the hunt for that moon calendar...

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

DREAMING OF PALM TREES All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger