Film: City of Lost Children (1995)







One of my favorite films when it comes to art direction and style, has to be The City of Lost Children (La cité des enfants perdus). Co-directed by Jean-Pierre Jeunet, who also did Amelie and Delicatessen, and Marc Caro, the film is a beautiful and visually stunning fairtyale about a mad scientist kidnapping children to steal their dreams. Only brave young Miette (Judith Vittet) and a kindhearted circus strongman (Ron Perlman) can save them. I love it because it's surreal and dark, but still romantic and dreamy.

Although it's not a scary movie, I thought it would be appropriate to post about this week with Halloween right around the corner. What are some of your fave films for this time of year?

4 comments:

Kattia-San Francisco My Song :

I love the Witches of Eastwick, Beetlejuice and the Nightmare before Christmas !! Movies that are scary but not too scary (I get nightmares!).

Also I just watched The Girl with the Dragon tattoo and it was pretty scary!

Claudia Cifuentes :

I'm so glad I got Carrie out of my system last night. I'd been dying to see that. And then when I got home Alex was watching Halloween. Watching Jamie Lee Curtis run makes me so nervous. I think I'm set til next year.

Claudia Cifuentes :

i love Witches of Eastwick!

Lisa Michelle Cifuentes :

Yes, I love all of those! We just saw Beetlejuice for the millionth time just a few nights ago.

Have not seen Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. I want to read the book first!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

DREAMING OF PALM TREES All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger