Film: Manhattan Murder Mystery (1993)




Images via IMDB

This weekend I took advantage of the chilly, rainy weather on Friday night to stay in and watch Woody Allen's Manhattan Murder Mystery. Have any of you seen it? I had never heard of it before but as with most Woody Allen films, I loved it. It has the perfect amount of wit and comedic suspense. And the cast! How could I not love anything with Angelica Huston and Alan Alda? 

Among my favorite lines: 

Carol (Diane Keaton): You know what I mean? I mean, I don't understand why you're not more fascinated with this. We could be living next door to a murderer, Larry.
Larry (Woody Allen): Well, New York is a melting pot. You know, get used to it.

and

Larry: Could you? That's great. That's... you know, you-you have all these skills, and you're beautiful, and you can write so well... and now it turns out you play poker. This is, uh, too good to be true.
Marcia (Angelica Huston): Well, I wouldn't say beautiful.
Larry: Oh, I would.
Marcia: But I do have tremendous sex appeal.

If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend! Perfect for a weeknight movie.
(By the way, this film is in color! I could only find b+w stills though.)

3 comments:

TRAVEL DESIGNERY :

I've never seen this film but I think I'll order it through Netflix after reading this post.. Thanks! :-)

TravelDesignery.com

HOGGER + Co. :

Ooooh, never seen it; but want to! Love murder mysteries!

Noe @ ADELLA AVENUE :

This is one of my favorite Woody Allen movies! I love him and Keaton together, and you just want to kind of hate Alan Alda a little. I think its fantastic.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

DREAMING OF PALM TREES All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger