Film: Loves of a Blonde (1965)


During my senior year of college, I had the opportunity to study abroad in the Czech Republic for five weeks. It was a pretty magical experience. Walking over the Charles Bridge every morning to get to classes at FAMU, drinking Pivo with new friends, and, most importantly, studying Czech New Wave cinema, where I was introduced to one of my favorite filmmakers, Milos Forman. I love all of his films, which include Amadeus (1984) and One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975.)

But my favorite is his 1965 film Loves of a Blonde. It's about a working-class young woman (Andula) who is seduced by a sweet-talking traveling musician at a dance. Completely love-struck, Andula decides to journey to Prague to track him down, and what unfolds is an unexpected comedy of young love. Starring mostly non-professional actors, and nominated for an Oscar for Best Foreign Language Film, you will easily fall in ♥ with this film. xo Watch: Loves of a Blonde

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

DREAMING OF PALM TREES All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger