Global Textiles


Ever since I returned from my trip to Guatemala, I have become obsessed with global textiles. Okay, well, I guess I had an interest even before my trip since that's sorta the reason I went, but lately, all I want to do is plan a world shopping trip. Wouldn't that be nice? My first stops would be India, Morocco and Peru. However, since I can't actually do that, here are my top choices that you can find online.



Stunning mix of kilim and pile woven by Berber women of the 
High Atlas mountains of Morocco. Available at Proud Mary.
 Beautiful handmade Moroccan carpet made in the area of ​​the 
Atlas Mountains. Available at Artilleriet.


Handmade by a small cooperative of indigenous women in the
mountains of Guatemala. Available at Maya Mueble



Handcrafted by a community of over fifty artisans in rural northern Argentina, each of these thick, plush rugs takes about four weeks to complete! Available at The Citizenry.


Block Shop is a Los Angeles-based Indian textile company founded by sisters Lily and Hopie Stockman. They work directly with a cooperative of master printers in Bagru, Rajasthan, where artisans have been hand block printing with natural dyes for over 350 years. Aren't these scarves incredibly stunning? I would just hang them around my house. 

These are just a few of my faves but I have more on Pinterest, if you're so inclined to check it out. It's pretty easy to get sucked into a rabbit hole though, so don't say I didn't warn you. :)


0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

DREAMING OF PALM TREES All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger