What's your shade?

Finally, after years of experimentation, I think I finally have the lipstick shade that works for my complexion. I've settled on the coral family of lipsticks and so far it seems to be the best fit for my olive skin tone. After doing a little digging, here is what I found: if you have fair skin, you can go for nude colors or rich reds. If you have yellow in your skin, blue-based reds will look great on you. If you're skin has pink undertones, you can try peach tones or colors in the orange family. And for dark skin, bright reds and hot pinks will look great on you (lucky!) 


What's your shade? Do you have one go-to color that you use religiously? My pick is J.Crew's Poppy King


Here's a helpful article for a little extra guidance. :) 

2 comments:

Jen @ A Touch of Lovely :

All of these shades are so pretty! I've come to the conclusion that coral colors are best for me (which is good because I'm seriously loving on them lately!).

My fave lip product of the moment is Revlon Coloburst Lip Butter in Tutti Frutti. I also love CoverGirl Natureluxe gloss balm in anemone!

Katie*Belle :

These photos are so gorgeous! They make me want to try all the shades! I love a good red lip but I'd like to experiment with coral before summer is over : )

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

DREAMING OF PALM TREES All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger