Film: The Myth of the American Sleepover (2010)

Just saw this movie last night at a special sneak peak showing at the MOMA. Beyond knowing that it had a cute title, The Myth of the American Sleepover, I didn't really know anything about it. So I wasn't expecting much, but within minutes of the film's opening, I was completely drawn in. And for the next ninety minutes, I found myself laughing throughout it and feeling completely nostalgic.

The Myth of the American Sleepover comes from first time director, David Robert Mitchell, and his producing partner, Adele Romanski. The duo managed to create cinematic magic on a very limited budget and if you're a fan of John Hughes and Cameron Crowe, I think you need to see this movie asap! The characters remind me of everyone I knew in high school, myself way back when, and an innocent era tinted with self discovery, rebellion and adventure. It's filled with intimate moments, lots of awkward tension and a giddy hopefulness that anything is possible.

The film opens this Friday, July 22nd in select cities. Watch the trailer here and check here for showtimes.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

DREAMING OF PALM TREES All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger